The Mana World Team (TMWT)
- The purpose of the TMWT is to make or delegate decisions regarding the running of The Mana World (TMW).
- There are different scopes under TMWT's authority in order to balance and separate the projects responsibility and management.
- TMWT understands that all members are here to help each other fulfil the common vision of making a Open Source 2D MMORPG.
- Someone can hold part or all of a role and not be a TMWT member, but they need to have the required knowledge or experience to fulfill that role.
- To become a TMWT member, you need to gain in membership in the one of the following categories of contributors; Game Master, Server Admin, or Developer and must be approved by a majority of TMWT.
- In the event that no TMWT members remain, but roles are fulfilled by non-TMWT members, those members may assume TMWT title to fulfill TMWT's duties to the best of their ability.
- The board will be the SPI Liaison or appoint one.
- The Mana World may have subprojects to attain and further its goal; Such subprojects may have their own autonomous development teams.
- A member of a subproject team is not a TMWT member, unless voted so.
Issues which require a TMWT vote
- Changes to TMWT governance and/or Organization
- Changes to Game, Forum, Etiquette and Wiki rule changes. (not guidelines)
- Voting a member into TMWT, reinstating an Adviser to its former position, revoking membership or banning a member.
- Decisions on financial or legal matters affecting The Mana World.
- Formal objections to everyday decisions taken without a vote. Such objections must be raised by at least one TMWT member within 30 days of any changes made that they may affect.
How to conduct a TMWT vote
- A poll must be opened in the "TMW Team" private section of the forums.
- The poll will allow re-voting and a running time will be set for 7 days or more.
- Once the first vote has been cast (excluding any vote by the poll author), the poll duration may not be reduced.
- Members are nominated by one or more TMWT members and voted in by TMWT as a whole.
- Members who become inactive should be removed from TMWT and other associated groups, unless a justification for not doing so exists and is accepted by TMWT. They should be moved to the Adviser group unless they request not to be, in which case they are to be left solely in the Contributor group.
- Inactivity is generally defined as not being present or being unavailable for a period longer than 1 year. Very low activity should be judged on a case-by-case basis taking individual reasons into consideration. Management of memberships is the responsibility of maintainers.
- Any member may call a vote to revoke someone's membership or ban a member if deemed necessary.
- At any time, any member may revoke their own membership or opt for Adviser status.
TMWT contributor groups
Each TMW subproject has its own set of contributors. One person can be a member of multiple subprojects.
- Maintain guidelines for contributors to follow on the wiki.
- Maintain documentation on changes made.
- Provide tutorials, training and/or time to newer contributors.
- Leadership among the contributors will be done without coercion.
- Addressing community Forums posts / polls / suggestions.
- Responsible for moderating and enforcing the rules of the game(s), wiki(s) and forums.
- All Game Masters are members of The Mana World Team.
- To become a Game Master, a person must be voted in by the player community and approved by TMWT for one or more relevant TMW subprojects.
- Are those that have ssh access to the server and are responsible for server restarts, maintenance, and the general health of the server overall.
- Are those that are Forum Admins and/or Wiki Admins.
- Are those that deal with Account resets/info and aid in GM investigations.
- To become a member of this group, a person must first show the appropriate knowledge and willingness to devote time.
- All Server Admins are members of The Mana World Team.
- Programmers are responsible for making changes to the code base.
- Content Creators are responsible for adding quests, items and monsters either via scripting, mapping, sound, client theme or pixel art.
- Web developers are responsible for the website's front and/or back-end work.
- Translators work on client, server and wiki data to provide them in as many languages as we can.
- Developer groups maintain a visible project plan.
- To become a member of these groups, a person must show appropriate knowledge, contribute to the project and learn and gain 'git' access.
These groups are closely affiliated with TMWT and TMW as an organisation, but are not necessarily direct members of the Team.
- To become a member of this group, a person needs to be a prior contributor and TMWT member.
- No longer actively contribute.
- Allowed to vote/post as TMWT.
Social Media Managers
- TMWT may appoint by Consensus Social Media Managers to manage social media accounts ("communities") on behalf of The Mana World.
- Each sub-project may have its own social media accounts and appoint its own Social Media Managers.
- Social Media Managers do not automatically inherit TMWT membership.
- Social Media Managers may appoint and supervise lower-ranking moderators to assist them in managing a community.